Monday, April 26, 2010

Pounce On it


This was part 2 of 3 in my sprite projects folder. There is not much to say about sprites that I haven't already posted. Just remember: flow is key, and ligthing will help you achieve that while accomplishing a creative depth.

To be honest, I think creating this piece brought me out of my anti-constructive binge that I was experiencing. I had not created anything decent in almost a year, and the pressure to come up with something to continue my graphic design career was daunting. Believe it or not, this piece might have saved my life... I started going to Marine Corps PT (Physical Training) Sessions to try to fill my time and find a career for me. I think I'd much prefer to sit on my lazy butt all day and fry my brain with photoshop.

This piece's depth gets deeper and deeper the longer you look at it, and I love that about the C4D's I used. I knew exactly what I wanted to accomplish with this piece and I believe now I have enough knowledge of Adobe Photoshop CS4 to know how someone else does a signature or tag. To simplify, I can visualize someone elses piece, and create my own tutorial for it in my head.

--Fourbrezio

No comments: