Thursday, April 29, 2010

Breathe and Break


This was the first time in about a year that I used a tutorial for a signature. At first I skimmed it to get a few ideas for what I wanted to do, but ultimately, I couldn't produce something by combing my own style with this creator's ideas so I just followed the tutorial step by step. Some of the critique I recieved on it was a little discouraging, I thought it was a fairly decent outcome, but others responded to it with comments like "I don't know what it is, but this piece is jsut not catching my eye, no depth maybe?" NO DEPTH?! I assumed I knew what depth was but I guess I was mistaken. Last night, in my haste to redeem myself, I exhausted my fire for graphic design and decided I should take a short break. I will post some of my recent pieces, but nothing brand new. I need to take this time to reevaluate my career and how I can improve with my works.

--Fourbrezio

No comments: